Monday, February 21, 2011

Andrew and Joen

All the way back in September when i was first thinking about going to South Africa with Rock Harbor, i wasn't sure if God was calling me there.  My work wasn't real comfortable with me being gone for 2 weeks and i was uneasy of being in such a different culture and environment.  But God, in His unique and amazing way, made it crystal clear that i was supposed to go on this South Africa trip.  

Things with work cleared up in a matter of hours and my uneasiness turned into excitement. Excitement to see what was going on across the world, excited to visit a country so far away, excited to see what God would do through me. 

I came back humbled that God would use me in such amazing ways, from bonding with 11 and 12 year old kids that knew no English to using my passion in working with high school aged kids in a athletic environment.   I came back amazed at the strength of the people of South Africa and how inspiring they have become to me in so many ways.  A day doesn't go by without me thinking about one of the kids from the academy, ovc or sweet home and the joy that they brought me and the rest of the team.  

So many times, we hear of stories of people going on a missions trip expecting to change those they interact with only to be changed themselves, and this trip was no different for me.  God has forever changed me and sparked a Love for the people of South Africa that will never be extinguished.

No comments:

Post a Comment