Monday, January 16, 2012

Being Tourists

What an incredible day we had as a team! OVC camp ended yesterday morning and we had the opportunity to go as a team to Table Mountain in Cape Town. The drive through Cape Town was gorgeous. It is such a beautiful city with a picturesque waterfront. We were all so excited as we drove up the mountain towards the cable cars that would take us to the top. The cable car ride was exciting as we ascended further from Cape Town and had the chance to see the city with a birds eye view. Once we were at the top of the mountain, I have never seen a more amazing picture of God’s creation. The views were indescribable and unable to be fully captured in a picture. We all had the opportunity to praise God for his creation. We have been going non-stop since arriving and needed to just pause and remember how powerful our God is. Sometimes getting away from everything and connecting with nature is the best way to open your eyes to God’s majesty. As I stared across mountains overlooking a beautiful, blue ocean I kept wondering how anyone wouldn’t believe in God after seeing His creations. Who else could create such a wonder than our Creator?


After leaving Table Mountain we went to church service at Hillsong Church in Cape Town. We have spent the last week just giving and ministering to those around us and it was gratifying to be able to receive. The message from the pastor was so passionate and spoke directly to me, providing answers to some very specific prayers of mine.


Overall, the day was an unexpected gift from God as I felt Him speaking directly to me several times throughout the day. I’m blessed and thankful to be given the opportunity to grow so closely to God…to hear His words, feel His presence, and see His power. 

Love from Africa,
Allison Tidwell

2 comments:

  1. When you spoke of the beauty from the top of Table Mountain, I thought of this verse: I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. (Psalm 121:1-2) Praise the LORD. He is using the team in a mighty way! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Hillsong Church too? Man! I am thoroughly jealous. These blog posts are such a blessing! Continued prayers for you guys. :-)

    ReplyDelete