Thursday, August 18, 2011

2 days to go!

Brent here... We can't believe it's only 2 days until we make the long journey home! Our time here has been incredible, filled with stories that we all are so anxious to share with our loved ones at home!


To all who were concerned about our team health... We did have a little stomach bug that seemed to affect 3 of our team members. HOWEVER, I am very excited to report that we are all feeling well and have all recovered. PTL! (Praise The Lord, that's how we do it in SA) Continued prayer for prolonged health is always appreciated in addition to finishing up our last two days here strong. Pray that we can make the most of the little time we have left here, continuing to pour into the students and children and CHE's at SweetHome.


Hello friends and family, Evelyn here. Today was Academy day for me. The team here had a morning of cleaning and organizing the Retreat Center. After lunch we had activities; some were in the shed for some more bead making which was fun for both male and female...really! The boys enjoyed it just as much as the girls. Others were on the field playing frisbee and other fun filled games. Then we all headed to the basketball court to cheer on the Academy boys in a game against a local team. It was a close call but they won 30-24. Go TEAM BRIDGES!! Later the other half of our team went to SPUR for dinner with some of the Academy kids who had earned the privilege of a special evening out based on good academics and behavior. We had a fun filled evening with lots of burgers, ribs, dessert and even some dancing in the aisles. :-) Miss you all. Love you lots.



Hi friends and family, Tammy here. It's been amazing. A trait of the Academy students that stands out to me is the way they give and share with each other. At meal times, they eagerly share food. At Arts & Craft time, they help each other develop their pieces. I am reminded of the verse: But just as you excel in everything - in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us - see that you also excel in this grace of giving. Tomorrow is the talent show. I expect to be blown away by this gifted and talented group of kids. I miss my family, but I have found family with the team and in my relationships with the kids. Yesterday, Vuyokazi and I took a walk, and we shared testimonies and dreams for the future. She gave me my Xhosa name: Nosandiso ("More Blessings to Come"). I guess this means there will be more mission trips to come.



Love 'ya.






Tammy and Vuyokazi eating at SPUR





Evelyn and the kids at Sweet Home

7 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Tammy, it looks like you've found your "one." so special!!! Praying that you are able to soak up all the moments! The kids become really open towards the end, so I pray for that openness, and I pray that God would move mightily in their journey of healing. Praying for your hearts!!! Blessings to all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Big Shoutout to Lailanie: Hi Lailanie! I told you I would give you a MUSTANG update if I had some good numbers. Made a BIG deposit today. Drum roll please....We are now at $12,750, with a 2nd Stroll & Savor tonight. Enjoy your last days in Africa and have a safe trip home. See ya next week, Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for the team....I am so thankful to hear that the sick team members are feeling better (that was a specific prayer point for me today-PTL for answered prayer!) I can't wait to hear all of the wonderful stories of your time in South Africa. I know everyone must be exhausted...I will pray that God gives you extra strength to press on and finish well. Keep your eyes and ears open for divine appointments as you travel home. Love to all...special hugs for my "baby girl" Jessica S.
    Love ~
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST EVELYN! And the lovely photo to go with it! Just what my heart needed. I hope that image has been your experience the whole time. I have really wanted this to be a blessing for you. I'm so proud of you! Love and hugs too to my mission trip veteran brother Trent, who I trust has been enjoying the adventure as well. I am eager to have ya'll on American soil soon! LOVE YOU! Call me when you land! I'll be a the beach but acceptings calls (of course!) Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lailanie, this one is for you: TOOT, TOOT! It's Friday! (You're welcome.)

    You know what that means? YOU ALL HEAD HOME TOMORROW!

    I know this is sad news for you guys, but HAPPY HAPPY JOYFUL news for those of us stateside. Can't wait for Sunday!

    Nathan, you may come home to find me with my throat all white, my eyes bugged out and a pile of food all around me. If this happens, please ask Casper for an explanation. ;)

    Praying for an amazing finale!

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need some rap taps on the knee..or two rappy tappys on couple of knees...and a thump a thump a thumb on the floor with your hoof...and a buzzie hum hum and a whistful breath...(repeat over and over) I be back I be back sassing thru da L A X you be dare you better be dare and no ba de stare. (OK FIRST you gotta do this with a BAD attitude)Ain't no frica hold us down, and ludone we blown thru you town... Betr roll with the flow and toss down the kpet betr get it down cause we blowin in...blowin in...boom ba da boom ba da boom da da...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing fancy...just praying for your endurance, that you would all "finish strong"! :)

    ReplyDelete