Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Beautifully, gorgeous day in South Africa!




Hey Jessica here-so excited about updating you all on our fabulous expiriences here in South Africa. Today was a packed day! For those of you that know me back home know my little obsession with the show "Hoarders" well I was able to put my organizational cleaning to practice with my fabulous teammates. We cleaned and organized the Miriam room for the staff here at Bridges:) What a accomplishment. Then my beautiful girlfriend Jessica taught us all how to tie dye bandannas with the academy kids.

We continued our day with our wonderful teacher Kathi on HIV/AIDS awareness. We had a great question and answer session and let me tell you-wow-the questions that these kids ask are great. They really want to learn and be able to help educate on this terrible disease.

We ended the night with a trip to Spur. Spur to us at home is a cross between well Red Robin meets Denny's meets some kinda random native american restaurant that everyone's dances in the aisle. Let's just say if you ever come out to South Africa it's a must to visit spur and yes it's in your local mall:) The students here had to earn there way to Spur tonight by good grades and great attitudes. As staff we felt very privileged to join them in their great accomplishments.

Family and friends-Jaleigh and I are doing great. I am a very proud mom watching my daughter everyday grow with these kids and love all over them. Thank you for all your prayers and please continue to pray for us. Please tell my precious angel (Jolon) at home mommy misses you very much.







Love to you all...
Jessica Belles

9 comments:

  1. So cool! I feel like we missed a day on the comments. Your posts have increased, so it through off my routine! :) sorry about that.

    Praise God for protecting you all and for bringing back peace in Sweet Home. There's always something, especially on VBS days that share the gospel. Nothing can stop God's plan!!!

    Lai, love the pic of Sinethemba!!! So glad he came to visit!!!

    Praying for you team, and that you're able to soak up all the moments these next few days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John & Robyn BellesAugust 16, 2011 at 2:56 PM

    Nice to see God working in your lives there. Thank you for the pictures. The children are so precious,you can see God's love beaming from their faces.
    You are in our prayers & heart. Keep up the great work of our Lord--
    Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome experience to share with your daughter. And... Umm, can you please bring me home some of that green fabric/wallpaper? (Whatever you are standing in front of on the top photo!) So rad! :)

    Glad you were all able to make it into Sweet Home. Praise the Lord!

    Praying for the team, especially Nate, Emily, Kim and Lai. Remain unified. Do not let the enemy gain a foothold in any situation. Patience and love are skills that take practice. :)

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for all of you and knowing that God is using you for wonderful works. Enjoy this journey and continue to trust our wonderful Lord for all you need. Jess, Jo is doing great and of course misses you alot. Keeping him happy and busy. Jaleigh, your friends miss you terribly. Love from all the fam, Mom and Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Team,
    I am praying for your last days in Sweethome and for peace in their community!! Also, I am praying for those who are sick, that is the enemy and our God is bigger than that.

    Just a quick shout out to my coachees Jaileigh, Jess B and Evelyn. Can't wait to hear all about what God is going with you in SA. Hoping for great days the rest of this week and on your way home:)

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, what I meant to say was I can't wait to hear all about what God is going to do with your SA experience.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok....Jessica....you know that I am crying after reading your update!! (It's Bekie) I am so proud of you, JaLeigh and your whole team!!! I love and miss you girls sooo much!! I am so thankful to see pictures of you both over there.....I can't think of better mother/daughter bonding experience!! I am praying for your saftey and for all the beautiful people you are meeting. I miss you & love you!!! -Bekie Barnes ps: Jess...praying for everything!! (big & small) ;) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl! I finally figured out this whole fancy "comment on a blog" thing. :) I got all teary eyed reading your blog (and super proud of you since I know you don't love doing stuff like that). I miss you guys so much! The first few nights of crazy house parties was fun but that got old. Haha! Just kidding of course! I'm so proud of you and Jaleigh and your whole team. It is so incredible to read how God is working through you guys each day. I can't wait to see you girls!
    love you! Sammie

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi mommy i miss you so so very much. O, i almost forgot i got a frog, I caught it on my own at Dodo's. His name is Lightning i hope you guys don"t eat frog that will just make him sad. Well have to go now so i wanted to say we pray for you guys all night every night. I love and miss you too j-bird lloovvee you. Bye-Bye , jojo

    ReplyDelete